Aisha Nazar is a Malaysian commercial and documentary photographer whose work traverses visual documentation of culture and social narratives that steer everyday life. She is a co-founder of Women Photographers Malaysia (WPM), a photographic community advocating women's empowerment and gender balance within the photography industry. Aisha was the first elected AirAsia and Sony Joint Ambassador following a global-wide campaign and was later on appointed as Sony Alpha Guru in Malaysia. She is currently based in London and travels frequently to Kuala Lumpur. Her work has been exhibited in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Tokyo, Japan with commissions from Sony (Asia Pacific, Malaysia), AirAsia, AirAsia X, Hubert Burda Media’s Augustman Magazine and Getty Images.
Aisha is based between London and Kuala Lumpur and is available for assignments locally and globally.
Currently in London, United Kingdom.
ACHIEVEMENTS / RECOGNITIONS
- "The Family Archive", exhibition finalist for Exposure+ Photo, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- "Strength" group photo exhibition by Women Photographers Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- "Home Bound" Photo Competition by Women Photographers Malaysia and Sony Malaysia - Judge
- “Connection” group photo exhibition by Women Photographers Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival, Malaysia
- Sony Alpha Guru for Sony Malaysia
- "Her. Perspective" group photo exhibition by Women Photographer Malaysia at Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival
- Asian Geographic Images of Asia Finalist for People/Street Category
- Asian Geographic Images of Asia Finalist for Landscape Category
- Sony Alpha Guru Sony Malaysia
- AirAsia > Sony Alpha Joint Ambassador
- "Through The Lens" Solo Exhibition in Sony Ginza, Tokyo, Japan
- "Through The Lens" grand prize winner for AirAsia > Sony